Sunday, January 3, 2010

gift albums

Imeant to post these yesterday but we've had a very busy weekend and I ran out of time!
This is one of the albums I made for my in-laws for the holidays.  I made 2 exactly the same and gave one to my husband's mom and one to his dad.
Each album used a full Acrylic album and half of a chipboard All Sorts Album.  I used the Twitterpated paper pack on both and a variety of embellishments including rub-ons, ribbon, stickers and stamps. 

The Cover says "Grand Kids" and has open space in the middle.  The second page with the blue paper was specifically left blank- we took a photo of all the grandkids together Christmas day that will fill this space.

What isn't obvious in this photo is that the chipboard letters are sponged in Green and then I sprayed them with some Krylon sealer and sprinkled glitter right away before the sealer dried.  My normal mode of action is to mix clear embossing powder with glitter and emboss my chipboard... but honestly- the other way was faster and looked just as nice.  Plus I had the sealer sitting in front of me while cutting the chipboard and it just had to be tested.  The album is set up from oldest to youngest- and our oldest nephew is a senior in high school!!

I can't even believe he'll be graduating this year- I think he was in Kindergarten when my husband and I started dating!   The album has two smaller "tag-like" pages and I used one here.  Because the album is standing- that tag page is sorta crooked (honestly- the "oldest" is stamped straight... I swear! lol) Anyway - that page says "from Oldest" the "from" being letters from a CTMH rub on set and Oldest is stamped with Black Staz-on using the Field Trip Alphabet stamps.  "Steven" is from a set of our white alterable alphabet stickers... obviously I didn't alter them- I wanted the name to stand out clearly.  The striped stickers are from a previous special called Magic Moments.  With the acrylic album- you really have to plan ahead so you know where to place adhesive... since the album is see-through you don't want adhesive showing in the wrong spots.  The brown paper on the right side was attached only where a photo would show on the opposite side.

 The rings connecting the album on the left, and the white embroidery floss on the right of this page work together to hold the pages together.  Some of the pages in the actylic album are thinner than others and those thinner pages can be punched using a crop-a-dile.  When you flip the page on the album you see that the embroidery floss becomes an accent on the next page as well... cool huh?

I really wanted each grandkids page to be of them... and noone else- so I cropped my photos as best I could so that you didn't see any other kid while looking at a two page spread.  Here I used more rub-ons... The snowflake from the Nature's Ambience rub-ons was a perfect compliment to this Hockey photo!  The photo on the left looks pretty dark- and it was originally but I was able to lighten the photo a bit to show my nephew's face much more clearly... but the lighting when I took these photos was pretty aweful and here it is looking all dark again.  The right page on this blue layout is actually the same paper as the left page... does that give you a hint on the lighting- that the colors are that off!  The right page is from the All Sorts chipboard album... I love how I could combine the two albums to make each album the right number of pages.
  The chipboard album is quite a bit cheaper than the acrylic album... making the project a little more affordable than combining two acrylic albums.
The "Marisa" page is the only page that didn't use Twitterpated paper.. it used paper from another pack... the Emporium Level 2 pack.  Since there's a photo showing through on the right side... I tried to use some rub ons to cover up and it worked pretty well I think!

Here's my girl...   Not much to explain on this one...  I always stamp my titles kinda messy so it doesn't look like I tried to make them straight and messed up... because I guarantee... If i try to make them straight... I will mess up!
The flower above the I is from the Shades of Chocolate mini-medley which I think might be retired as of Dec. 31st.  The rub-on I used on the "Marisa" page to cover my daughter's face now serves to cover the word "Marisa" - perfect huh?

This little guy... so darn cute and only one day older than my son... how fun to have the babies together for Christmas!! 

Awe- here's my guy... he's the youngest as the second mini tag denotes- and hopefully the last!  This album was so much fun to put together!  I hope you enjoyed perusing the pages as much as I enjoyed making them.  P.s.  I have no idea why I put a leaf with Kaden's name...
actually- I saw open space, found a "boyish" rub-on  and once I added it realized I hadn't put his name anywhere... oops!
Anyway- enjoy the week back to work if you've been off for the holiday like I have... I have a few more projects to finish before going back tomorrow and some of those are of the crafty variety... I'll be back later  this week with more!

1 comment:

Priemer Family said...

Love it, Traci! Nice work!!